Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sorry for the long break in posts

Hi everyone, sorry for the long delay between posts. It has been a long and busy year. I lost my father, my brother-in-law, and my trusty beagle, Rusty. It has been a trying year. But I'm back and I hope to post at least weekly, if not more. My plans are to actively papercraft and post my projects for comments. So here goes....
Because I am a teacher, I miss my friends from work over the summer. So I create a little something to welcome them back to school. So this year I created a matching card and pail. The little pail will be filled with Hershey Kisses, then later my friends can use them for a desk supply such as paper clips.

On the cards I had fun using Ranger Perfect Pearls Mist in mandarin on the flowers. This was a first for me! I did not have the color flowers that I wanted, so I sprayed the cream colored flowers I did have, with the mandarin spray. I was pleased with the results. I also used Distress Stain in Vintage Photo from Ranger to color the chipboard flower stems. Another new item I used was the embossed background of letters for the card background. I believe that this embossing folder is from Cuttlebug by Provo Craft. The papers were from Heidi Grace. Tell me what you think. Leave a comment!

1 comment: